Axe valley education
Welcome to Axe Valley Education!
Here at the park we welcome any school or pre-school visits and will arrange sessions to fit in with your school topic. For example, habitats, nocturnal and flight.
We have a dedicated Education Station (room!) that you will have full use of. Note, if you choose to book your trip on a Monday, you will have the park to yourselves!
We encourage one teacher to come for a pre-visit free of charge!
What is included
- 1 free adult to every 6 children
- We encourage teachers to make a pre-visit to the zoo free of charge. This will help you to carry out your own risk assessment. (Note: we do have our own risk assessment – click here to view it.)
- A 3/4 hour talk and handling session
- A trail on your topic around the park
- A dedicated classroom you can use as a base and for lunch
Health and safety advice
- Please use the hand washing facilities provided
- Make sure all cuts/grazes are covered before visiting the zoo
- Animal food is for the animals only!
- Do not allow the children to put their fingers in their mouths whilst visiting
- Do not frighten or chase the animals
- Only eat food in the allocated areas
- Children must be supervised at all times
- Please make sure the children follow all the instructions given by the members of staff
- The first aid point is at Ringos Rest (the cafe)
- Fire assembly point is at the entrance
£6 (including VAT) per child
£9 (including VAT) per adult
How to book
Please download and fill in the following booking form (see link below) and email back to us at email@example.com.
Once we have received the form we will contact you to confirm the booking. Please note that the form is not confirmation of your booking.