Welcome to Axe Valley Education!
Here at the park we welcome any school or pre-school visits and will arrange sessions to fit in with your school topic. For example, habitats, nocturnal and flight.
We have a dedicated Education Station (room!) that you will have full use of. Note, if you choose to book your trip on a Monday, you will have the park to yourselves!
We encourage one teacher to come for a pre-visit free of charge!
We can also do visits out to your school (see below).
What is included
- 1 free adult to every 6 children
- We encourage teachers to make a pre-visit to the zoo free of charge. This will help you to carry out your own risk assessment. (Note: we do have our own risk assessment – click here to view it.)
- A 3/4 hour talk and handling session
- A trail on your topic around the park
- A dedicated classroom you can use as a base and for lunch
Health and safety advice
- Please use the hand washing facilities provided
- Make sure all cuts/grazes are covered before visiting the zoo
- Animal food is for the animals only!
- Do not allow the children to put their fingers in their mouths whilst visiting
- Do not frighten or chase the animals
- Only eat food in the allocated areas
- Children must be supervised at all times
- Please make sure the children follow all the instructions given by the members of staff
- The first aid point is at Ringos Rest (the cafe)
- Fire assembly point is at the entrance
£7.20 (including VAT) per child
£10.20 (including VAT) per adult
How to book
Please download and fill in the following booking form (see link below) and email back to us at email@example.com.
Once we have received the form we will contact you to confirm the booking. Please note that the form is not confirmation of your booking.
We can also visit you at your school. Let us come to you for 1 hour with up to 4 animals which can incorporate a topic if you wish. The cost is £120 which includes VAT. (Any journey of more than 20 miles in total will be charged at £2.50p per mile).
We also visit nursing homes too!
Our own Visits out risk assessment – click here to view it.